Weekly Test – what contrafacts were they?:
Last week’s mystery tunes, and their sources, were:
- Bird of Paradise (Charlie Parker) derived from All The Things You Are
- Rhythm-a-ning(Thelonious Monk) I Got Rhythm
- Dig (Jackie Mc Lean) Sweet Georgia Brown
- Quicksilver (Horace Silver) Lover Come Back To Me
- Westwood Walk (Gerry Mulligan) Fine and Dandy
How did you go??
Have you tried playing them now you know where they’ve come from?
For next week, put your mind to work on:
- Ko Ko (Charlie Parker) derived from
- Evidence (Thelonious Monk)
- Parisienne Thoroughfare (Bud Powell)
- Groovin’ High (Dizzy Gillespie)
- Cotton Tail (Duke Ellington)
More next week!…..